The Women’s Enterprise Task Force focussed on five pillars:
- Pillar One – Gender-disaggregated business data
- Pillar Two – Female-friendly business support
- Pillar Three – Access to finance and technology
- Pillar Four – Supplier diversity and procurement
- Pillar Five – Strategic influencing and awareness raising
These pillars provided the basis for the Task Force’s input into Government’s Enterprise Strategy, Enterprise: Unlocking the UK’s Talent, which was published by the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) – now the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) – in March 2008.